Time
Woah - where did June go? I turn my back for a moment, she's almost gone... and what have I got to show for it? The need for a haircut and a slightly elevated desire to see some chronologically distant friends.
Gone are the days when I could trace my thoughts with the hour hand. The easy ticking of the clock has become a veritable hum. Summer is almost gone - althought it's debateable whether it even arrived here in Scotland. And I'm tired, so deeply, irretrievably, tired. Night passes in a single combustible moment before I start running again.
Running, always running. An easy jog through the concrete & steel smog-filled cityscape of work, a lung-bursting sprint along the beach road of the evening followed by a late night cathartic collapse. Bang, it's morning again, and boy do my muscles ache.
I need a holiday.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home