Energetic thoughts...

Monday, May 28, 2007

Shambles

I'm feeling particularly uninspired today, so it's probably not the best time to be writing. Or maybe it is. (I'm also indecisive).

My natural inclination is to be a bit lazy. Actually, no, not lazy, more.... more that I have a tendency to follow the path of least resistance. But resistance to what? I think, boredom. I'm in the office now - it's not a bank holiday up here - with a minor mountain of work to do, and so far I've achieved the square root of naff all. None of it comes within a gnat's fart of being interesting, and as a consequence I am, as you've probably guessed, bored. Damn, this circle is vicious.

I was over in Norway for work again a couple of weeks ago, and on the way back I headed to the airport early in order to get some dinner. On arrival, there was a sign outside the restaurant landside saying that there was limited catering facilities due to maintenance, so I head through to airside as I know there's a few places there. All closed. I asked a member of staff, who confirmed there was nothing. OK, duty free - my student years proved that I can survive on crisps. Or at least I could if they had any, so dinner came in the shape of a novelty box of peanut M&M's. The only way to get a drink with less alcohol than wine was to buy a six pack of beer (which isn't so bad, but I honestly couldn't get a soft drink). In an international airport. Shambles!

In today's other news, I have sold my beautiful wee house on the coast and will shortly be moving into a rented flat in town. It'll break my heart to leave it - quite literally, my blood is in the fabric of that place - but it's the first stage of a long journey which will hopefully be for the greater good. Also, I completed the Aberdeen City 10K yesterday in 46.36 in the driving rain, hail & wind. My nipples are still stinging.

Just thought I'd share that.

1 Comments:

Blogger culturalmiscellany said...

Just don't go and leave the country without letting me know!!!! I'm also mildly pissed off with myself that I haven't come to Aberdeen and seen that house of yours before it was sold. My loss of course but annoying all the same. Just take care of yourself and congrats on the 10k you well and truly trounced me :)

10:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home