Energetic thoughts...

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

If I only knew the answers....

... I wouldn't be bothering you.

I'm feeling a bit despairing at the moment. There's just so much going on that I'm struggling to keep up, and on top of that I'm shattered. Skiing was great, but the journey back was horrific (trust me, you never want to spend 7 hours in Turin airport at the mercy of Italian organisation); plus I was up until the wee hours trying to write a witty and ironic best man's speech that tip-toes gracefully along the borders of good taste for this Saturday. It's now only about 1/3 done, so I'm expecting a long week.

On top of the usual, in my current average of 2 days a week at home I am trying to: complete my visa application for Australia (a lot more work involved than you would ever guess), sort my house so I can put it up for sale next month (including fitting a new bathroom), and prepare for the wedding on Saturday. Bit by bit, we'll get there...

So, I arrived this morning feeling a serious caffeine deficiency and was thrust directly into a work-sponsored fitness test. Ironically, the man said that I have the highest fitness score he's ever seen (which just proves the flaws of the test & the benefit of spending a week at 2000m) and worryingly, he said with a glint in his strangely irisless eye that he wanted to trade hearts and asked if I carry a donor card. I told him that I have an extremely rare blood type ("Type C - it's so rare. most people have never heard of it..."), but I don't think he bought it.

I'll be watching my back on the way home tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger culturalmiscellany said...

Don't tell me you're emigrating to Australia????????? This is the first I've heard of it. Weere you going to tell me? ;) Glad I'm seeing you on Saturday now!!!

12:10 pm

 
Blogger -: Andrew :- said...

Working on it, but it looks like it's going to take a wee bit of time...

11:44 am

 
Blogger culturalmiscellany said...

It was FABULOUS. I was in stiches for the first time in weeks. Maybe its cus I understood the jokes though :)

4:42 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home